I don't know about you, but our family is always looking for a fun adventure or a short road trip. We have visited some great places that you may not know about in Virginia and wanted to share. Check back often as we will continue to update the list as we venture around the state.
Road Trips: (in ABC order)
- Assateague Island
- Blue Ridge Parkway
- C & O Canal National Historical Park
- Catoctin Mountain Park
- Chesapeake Bay
- Colonial National Historical Park
- Shenandoah National Park
TransAmerica Bicycle Trail - Section 12: The last section of the cross-country biking trail passes through the Blue Ridge. This 368-mile section starts in Christiansburg, VA, and ends in Yorktown, VA.
Looking for something closer to home?
Family Travel Tips:
- Tips & Tricks for Traveling with Kids
- 6 Family Travel Packing Tips
- Easy Ways to Exercise While Traveling